From Visual Studio, what's the quickest way to comment on a certain aspect of a current file?

Borek Bernard February 14, 2012

Say that I'm inside Visual Studio looking at a certain code file and spot something worth commenting. As I'm new to Crucible I'd like to ask, what's the quicking and hassle-free way to add a code comment and return back to Visual Studio to continue with my work?

I don't want to be distracted by Crucible for a long period of time so I need something that takes as few mouse clicks as possible. Do I need to start a new code review? Is there a way to quickly comment on source file? What's the quickes way to locate a file in FishEye / Crucible?

(Addin for Visual Studio would be ideal but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be Crucible-VS integration yet.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2012

There's a feature request to add Crucible support to the Visual Studio connector which you may have seen. I think you could use the JIRA-crucible connector and the Visual Studio - JIRA connector, but otherwise I think you'll just have to either search or browse for the file in FishEye/Crucible.

Borek Bernard March 8, 2012

The current connectors don't help for code reviews, you indeed have to manually search FE/Crucible, create a review etc. Too many clicks, too distracting IMO.

Suggest an answer