*Exact* search in text field

Hoped to get an answer for this comment on the doc page, but since it s two days I try my luck here:
Doc says:
comment ~ "\"My PC is quite old\""
returns exactly that phrase is sort of an overstatement.
When I saw this statement I thought I had found a way to find / escape square brackets (or other special characters like hyphens or colons, - or not that special ones like underscores) - to no avail.
Experienced and seasoned (wink) people in the company think they can remember they once could find something like "[UEM]" in the summary field, but can t repro it (with any conceivable escape seq) in JIRA 4.3.4.
I had at least hoped the_underscore would be no exception - or an exception to the exception of special chars. <g>
Thx for any insight
PS: Consolidate your logins! I got three now: Answers, Confluence and JIRA test
PPS: I think I subed the newsletter, but still got a mail that forced it upon me - not to be considered as a bot.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 10, 2012

Hi,

there's an open issue for that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25092

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas, for the quick reply!

So, the bug has been filed almost a year ago! (July 2011) <sigh>

At least I can tell our seniors (30 - 40 <g>) they are not (yet) growing senile. <g> Once upon a time it must have worked... Any idea if / when the tale might end?

Cheers
G.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

78 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you