Error opening the xls file from the issue navigator.

rakhi February 13, 2012

On Issue navigator - views -> Excel shows error whiel saving or opening.
Error: The fiel you are trying to open is in different format than specified by the file extension.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Simply save as .xls and you should be fine. It is the encoding problem in header.

rakhi February 13, 2012

Even on Save or Save As - I get the same error message. Though I am able to open the document even after getting the error message.

Is there any problem tickets openeed with atlassian?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Which version of JIRA is it? and which view are you opening? Works fine for me from Issue Navigator. I have seen this error for some Excel reports only.

rakhi February 13, 2012

I am using JIRA 4.4.4 with IE9. I was trying to export to Excel ( current fields /All fields) and getting this error message while opening directly or saving.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2012

Ic! You can probably raise a support case as JIRA 4.4 is supported on IE9. Works fine for me in Safari and Firefox.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

The file that comes as xls from Jirs is actually an HTML file renamed as .xls. Since MS Excel understands html it opens it. But it is really not an error, just a warning that the extension and the file format does not match.

Suggest an answer