Duplicate field values in the "Resolution" field in the Issue Navigator

Rahul Savaikar November 21, 2012

Hello,

There are 2 Unresolved values under the Resolution field within the Issue navigator, however, only one is mentioned within the View Resolutions Screen.

Both the Unresolved values give similar search results (3200 Jira tickets each) for All Projects. How do I correct it?

Please find attached the screenshots of the same.

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

One is the null value, which is displayed as Unresolved. One is an actual resolution called Unresolved.

Go to admin -> resolutions, and delete the "Unresolved" one.

If I understood you right...

Rahul Savaikar November 26, 2012

Hello Jamie,

1. What is the possibility that can happen if I remove the currently added "Unresolved" value from the "Resolutions"? I am asking because there are almost 3000 Jira ticket associated to this value. Do they automatically get transferred to the null value?

2. Will I be able to see the "Unresolved" value within the "Resolution" drop-down while closing a Jira ticket?

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

0 votes
Rahul Savaikar November 21, 2012

Hello Nitram,

There is only one "Unresolved" value mentioned in the "View Resolution" screen (the screen where we can add/remove resolution values). If I delete that too, there will be no "Unresolved" option to select within the Resolution field.

The issue is when I open the Issue Navigator, I see 2 "Unresolved" values within the "Resolution" field.

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hi,

Delete one of the resolution values. Keep the other.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer