Dragons Stage 7.3.6 error

Maxim Rybalov October 23, 2012

I'm having problems with Step 3.6

When I click "Create" button, I get a popup error message:

An error has occurred

Error
Error creating subtask in JIRA: Unknown error creating subtask for issue DRA-1: null
You are running release CR2.8.2 FE2.8.2 (20121005010724 2012-10-05), please report your release number when reporting bugs.

I think I followed all the instructions step by step...What is going on here? How to fix this problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Maxim.

I believe we need further information to help you with this issue, could you please check the items below:

• Make sure that the user logged in Crucible also exists in JIRA and has permissions to create issues in that JIRA project, by checking the JIRA project's permission schemes.
  • Can you please make sure that the Crucible review you're trying to create JIRA issues from has a JIRA issue linked to it?
  • This error can also happen if a 'Closed' JIRA ticket is linked to the Crucible review you're trying to create JIRA sub-tasks from. Picking an 'Open' JIRA ticket solves the problem. This is impossible yet: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-3956
  • Please make sure that the JIRA issue does not have mandatory custom fields that must be filled at the moment of issue creation. This can be causing the error you're seeing. This bug was already reported: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-2667
  • Which kind of authentication you're using? Trusted Applications? OAuth? Basic?
  • What is your JIRA version?

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

Maxim Rybalov October 24, 2012

Douglas,

• I followed the Dragon quest and created users according to instructions there. Right now I have just 1 user with admin permissions. This project uses "Default Permission Scheme."
  • This is issue DRA-1. In Jira's activity tab I can see review entries from Crucible and changesets from Fisheye.
  • DRA-1 in Jira is still marked open.
  • CRUC-2667 talks about "Priority Required" error message. My error is different. But anyway, I don't think I have any mandatory fields...I can't see any by looking at the ticket and I don't remember creating one as part of the Dragon quest.
  • I'm using Trusted Applications as per the instructions in that quest.
  • JIRA (v5.1.7#786-sha1:c37bed1)
Maxim Rybalov November 4, 2012

Douglas, do you have an updates regarding this problem?

Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hi Maxim.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Since none of the above applies to your issue could you please open a Support issue on http://support.atlassian.com so we can have a look at your log files?

This way it will be easier and faster to check what is going on.

I'm looking forward for your reply.

Cheers,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Hi Maxim,

By your error message I believe that you're running FishEye/Crucible 2.8.2. In Dragon stage 5.3, it mentions that you'll need to install FishEye/Crucible 2.7.10 -- this how-to requires specific application versions. Would you try it again using FECRU 2.7.10 instead of 2.8.2?

And overall, are the application links working fine?

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Maxim Rybalov October 23, 2012

Well, this install is going to be our production deployment. I definiately do not want to be stuck at an old version of Fisheye/Crucible. And if this guide's integration does not work, when how am I supposed to know that any other will be? Everything in this guide have been identical to what I saw during my experience. I followed everything step by step without encountering any problems or errors.

Other application links (I think) are working fine. I can see jira tickets when I hover over crudible's commit numbers and jira's dashboard is displaying commits.

I definiately will not restart the whole quest from scratch. I invested too much time into this as is. Restarting at a certain point in the middle is asking for trouble too. I'm not familiar with these products enough to properly uninstall 2.8.2 and remove all the established links.

Suggest an answer