I need JIRA to transition all Sub-tasks to the same state as the Parent Issue, particularly when the Parent Issue is moved to In Testing Or Closed. I tried using the Post Functions options but none of them support such transitions for sub-tasks.
1. Is this something that is available in JIRA/Greenhopper?
2. If not, would I have to write custom code (plugin/scripts)? If yes, please provide sample docs/instructions on setting this up.
3. If I need to write custom code, would I be able to push this code when JIRA is NOT hosted locally but rather on atlassian's servers?
1. Not OOTB
2. There are already plugins able to do that. Scripting plugins (including mine https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin ) have this, check: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Autotransitioning+subtasks
3. For OnDemand, you have script runner, I believe. You should be able to use it.
From the Halp Team Howdy! 👋 We’re Halp, a conversational ticketing help desk for all of your internal requests in Slack (and soon to be MS Teams!). We’re excited to be a par...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events