I need JIRA to transition all Sub-tasks to the same state as the Parent Issue, particularly when the Parent Issue is moved to In Testing Or Closed. I tried using the Post Functions options but none of them support such transitions for sub-tasks.
1. Is this something that is available in JIRA/Greenhopper?
2. If not, would I have to write custom code (plugin/scripts)? If yes, please provide sample docs/instructions on setting this up.
3. If I need to write custom code, would I be able to push this code when JIRA is NOT hosted locally but rather on atlassian's servers?
1. Not OOTB
2. There are already plugins able to do that. Scripting plugins (including mine https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin ) have this, check: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Autotransitioning+subtasks
3. For OnDemand, you have script runner, I believe. You should be able to use it.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs