Custom Project Fields

Marc Addeo May 16, 2012

Is it possible to add custom fields to a project? I'd like to have a way to add alotted hours to our maintenance projects. e.g. show 6 hours of work is alloted for this month. (It doesn't need to decrease or anything, just show the total hours that they are paying for this month)

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

It is a long standing issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1991

There are workarounds discussed on it which you might find useful!

Marc Addeo May 17, 2012

It seems like the metadata plugin would be perfect, but as I have an OnDemand account I'm not able to install third party plugins.. Is this correct or is there some way for me to install it?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

yup, no plugins on onDemand!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2012

Just to be clear, you are asking about Project level custom fields? Not Issue level fields?

You can use the project description area to show simple information like that, but there are no project level fields really.

Marc Addeo May 17, 2012

Yeah, I want a field on my projects. I saw a plugin for it, but I have OnDemand and apparently you can't install other plugins with OnDemand. I want a field on the project so that when i'm creating reports I can see how many hours they're supposed to have for the month and see if we've gone over.

0 votes
Betsy Ostrander
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

Yes, you can do this.

From the Administrator page, click on Custom Fields in the Issues section. Click Add Custom Field, then select the data type of the field (sounds like Number Field will work for you). Click Next, give your new field a name (and description, if you want), pick the issue types you want it to be added to, and select the project you want it for.

Then it pops up the Screens tab and you can click the checkboxes for which screens this new field should appear on. Click Update and you're done.

Pretty easy, eh?

Suggest an answer