Creating speciffic screen with option to add (copy) same fields

Klime Buneski December 6, 2012

Hi,

My company has unlimited license for JIRA, and we are using version 4.2.2.

I want to create a specific screen and I want to know whether it is possible to be done in any way in the current version or any newer.

The screen is about opening an issue - request for creating Environments by our IT. Each environment can have one or more servers - app server, DB server, Services server or other.

There will be several fields that will be general for the issue, and other set of fields (server fields) that will be specification for the server, example: OS, RAM, HDD and similar.

I want to do the following: set all the above mentioned fields as default (general + server fields), and at the bottom of the screen a hyperlink with name: Add other server.

On click of this link, to get another copy of the server fields so the requester can enter details for the second, or later third server - something as on the attached screenshot.

My question is whether this is somehow possible on 4.2.2 or later versions and if yes, how.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2012

The thing is...there is a 1-1 relationship between a field and an issue.

For field named blah, you can only have one value at time per issue.

So, making copies of a field is not possible. You would have to create multiple fields, OR text fields.

I believe you can find a way to have text fields with pre-loaded text, so the users know what to write.

But you can't add another instance of the same field. Every issue must have only one instance of a field.

Klime Buneski December 16, 2012

Thanks Luzia... I just wanted to check if there is some other option that maybe I have missed out somehow.

I have created a workaround - for new server, new issue :).

Suggest an answer