Creating a JIRA issue through email does not work for some JIRA users

SysAdmin September 10, 2013

I have about 5 users setup in JIRA. Most of us can create an issue by emailing jira@atlassian.net however one user cannot. He does not receive any notifications that the email was not sent.

I've verified he is a JIRA user and is not using any special characters when he sends the email.

Suggestions?

4 answers

0 votes
SysAdmin September 18, 2013

Since I have on demand, I will submit a support issue with Jira. Thanks

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

you can check the ...\Atlassian\JIRA\logs\jira241212102044-stdout.2013-09-10.log kind of file if is a stand alone jira

In my case C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\logs\jira241212102044-stdout.2013-09-10.log

but you need refresh/load the file for every change you check.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Does his email address match exactly what Jira has in his profile?

Could you read the log file to see if an incoming mail from him is recorded as rejected?

SysAdmin September 10, 2013

Yes the email matches. Where are the log files you are suggesting to check? Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

On the server, you can get the location by going to Admin -> System information

However, I just realised you said "atlassian.net" - does that mean you're using OnDemand? You won't be able to read the logs for that, but you are supported, and Atlassian will be able to read them and help you debug it.

Another thing to check though - does the user have "create issue" permission in the default project for your mail, and does he have "comment" rights anywhere? If he's got comment somewhere you don't mind a bit of noise, ask him to send a new email with a specific Issue Key in the subject - an issue you know he can comment on, that might tell us more.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Kindly verify the troubleshooting steps as suggested in this article.

Suggest an answer