Closing a sprint from the planning board - error

richardcolincooper December 10, 2013

Hello,

I get the following error message when I try and remove a sprint (which is not the current sprint) from the planning board in jira ondemand. Is this a bug or does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the sprint which we no longer need from appearing in the planning board?

Thanks,

Richard

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

These messages usually appear when the user does not have permission to operate on those issues. To modify sprints you have to be project admin on all projects involved.

If the issues are closed (and you are showing those in the backlog) or in another state where editing is turned off your workflow will also prohibit this action. This is because the sprint number is a custom field on all issues so the tool needs to be able to update all those issues accordingly.

So: check your permissions. Can you yourself (or the user involved) take even one of these issues and edit the sprint field on the edit issue screen?

BR, Kim

0 votes
richardcolincooper December 11, 2013

Hi Kim,

Thanks for you reply.

I am an administrator within jira, but not an adminstrator of all the projects for the sprint, there are different admins for several projects.

I can confirm that all the issues are closed for the sprint I am referring to and there are no tickets listed under the sprint (See screen shot).

As all the tickets are closed, editing any field in any of the tickets is not possible.

I can however, open a new ticket and asisgn the ticket to the sprint in question and the field is editable.

Thanks,

Richard

Suggest an answer