Cannot see Start Progress option

Wendy January 30, 2012

Some of us cannot see the Start Progress option while other users can. I am in the same groups (Developer, Administrator) as my co-worker and on the same card from a project that uses the default jira workflow - she had the Start Progress option and I do not. I noticed that in the Work flow screen the transition for Start Progress says No Screen below it - see attached. I've tried to figure out what is different between our user permissions but haven't found anything. Please help to point me in the right direction to figure out how to get Start Progress visible for everyone.

Thanks - Wendy

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2012

It needs to be assigned to the current user. There is a condition on the default workflow. You can adjust that if necessary.

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Adjust? So anyone can start progress without being the assignee?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2013

Yes, adjust. Or remove the condition.

Nicholas Crown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2014

I'm experiencing the same problem and I have attempted to both assign the issue to my account and remove the condition on the transition (Start Progress) to no avail.

JS Perez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 29, 2018

hi jaime, I have all permissions but I don't see the transition button in some issues
Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Peter LaQuerre
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 24, 2018

Very helpful. Didn't realize you had to the assignee to see these options. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2018

You don't.  You have to have an account that matches the transition conditions for it.

0 votes
Wendy January 30, 2012

What needs to be assigned to the current workflow? Not sure what you mean by "It".

Thanks.

Wendy January 30, 2012

I see now - it is set so only the Assignee can Start Progress. Thank you.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

Yes. I meant the the issue by "it".

Can you mark my answer as correct, to help other people. By clicking the check/tick mark.

Deleted user October 12, 2014

I meet the same issue today, and you save me lots of time, thanks for sharing!

Suggest an answer