Can I update a custom field (type date) during workflow transition ?

Manuel Campomanes January 24, 2012

Hello,

I need to update a date field (deliveryDate) with a specific value during a workflow transition.

Example : deliveryDate = createDate + 14days

-----

I think I need to instal a Jira Plugin, I take a look about "Jira suite utilities" but I don't try it yet.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Hi Manuel,

many people actually would like this feature to be implemented. Just have a lokk at this JIRA issue dealing with your problem.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7657

When I was searching for a solution I stumbled upon a plugin which could do the trick but it's not supported and I have never tried to implement it.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/6820?versionId=788006

Cheers

Christian

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

This is quite straighforward with the plugin mentioned above. Your script is just:

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
def customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager()
def customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Delivery Date")
issue.setCustomFieldValue(customField, issue.getCreated() + 14)

Providing this post-function is up at or near the top of the list of post-functions, this is all you need.

Manuel Campomanes February 14, 2012

I develop my own library to calculate delivery date according to working days and hours. I install JSS to use jython script.

Do you know if there is a way to get a specific workflow transition date using script ?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Something like this:

changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "status").find {it.toString == "In Progress"}?.getCreated()

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2012

The Jira Suite Utilities has some basic functions (that, IMHO, Jira should have off-the-shelf), but doesn't have the more advanced stuff like manipulating fields. Christian's pointer to the scripting plugin is your best bet, as it allows a lot of flexibility.

Suggest an answer