Can I rename a JIRA workflow (and a JIRA workflow scheme)?

When in edit mode for a workflow I don't seem to be allowed to edit its name. Same applies to workflow schemes names.

Am I missing something?

9 answers

1 accepted

You cannot edit the name of the workflow or its scheme. If you want to rename it, you need to make a copy of it and rename it and apply that workflow to the right workflow scheme.

If you want to rename a workflow scheme, its the same procedure, just make a copy of it and rename it. But here, you need to manually go to each project and change its workflow scheme.

Thanks, Rahul.

Just as I thought

Best regards. Karl.

Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Jan 18, 2017

Now (I guess since JIRA 7.0.0) it's possible to rename the Workflow Scheme. On the edit scree:

image2017-1-18 14:45:19.png

For Workflows you can edit only descriptions and Copy procedure is still needed to change the name.

When I copy Workflow Scheme (Jira 7.3.0) I don't get a pop-up window (like when copying Workflow) to give it a new name. The new scheme just gets created under the name "Copy of ..." and no chance of giving it a different name

Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Nov 30, 2017

You can edit name for Workflow Schemes although it's not very intuitive.

Click edit, then click the name and it goes to edit mode.

Screenshot from 2017-11-30 10-49-25.png

Thanks, works for me :-). Perhaps this is shown in the .png file in your reply 01.18.17 which appears to me as text, not link.

Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Nov 30, 2017

YAW. The image was not migrated from the old answers portal :).

Please guys, make it easer to just rename an existing workflow...

It's just about a name, so I don't understand the current method for changing the name of an existing workflow.

+1 for the suggestion of Franky Deleu

I agree - please give access to rename, super simple (you would think).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

281 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot