Bonfire reports "Your JIRA session is no longer valid"

Ross Matoi May 4, 2012

After I install the Bonfire plugin for my browser (Firefox 10.0.4 on RHEL 6) it asks me to login to Jira. When I try to login to Jira, Bonfire says "Your JIRA session is no longer valid" reporting that the Jira URL is returning 401. I am able to login to Jira directly (which we have authenticating with Crowd). Other users are able to install Bonfire and connect it to our Jira server, though they are not using the same platform.

2 answers

0 votes
Theodore Tzidamis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

I just experienced this in Firefox 14.0.1 and Bonfire 2.3.1

Actually Azwandi is dead right: Try configuring your browser to accept third-party cookies and see if that does the trick.

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2012

Since other users do not experience this problem, I'd suggest you to try a different browser, or use a private/incognito mode. There could be browser add-ons or browser settings that interfere with cookie settings.

Suggest an answer