Automatically pick template?

Rene Rath February 27, 2013

Our installation of jira and bonfire is used to cover several separate web projects. Each web project has is own template in bonfire. When somebody here in the company spots a bug, he can fire up the bonfire plugin of his browser and then has to pick the template he wishes to use. Is there any way I can have bonfire *pre-select* the template, e.g. based on the page URL? This way we would ensure that the bugs end up in the correct backlogs right from the start and not have to move them if the reporter was lazy enough to just pick the first template of the list.

An automatic selection of the TEMPLATE would be the ideal solution for me (because the templates differ slightly). But if that's not possible, an automatic selection of the PROJECT would be almost equally helpful.

Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

This isn't possible right now, but the idea has been suggested before.

A small discussion about it is at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BON-228 - I suggest you vote on the issue and add any thoughts you have on how you'd prefer the feature to work.

Suggest an answer