Add Gadget from another Jira instance

Michel Marcoux December 5, 2012

Hi,

I want to add a Gadget from one of my Jira instance to another Jira instance. I'm in the ''Add Gadget to Directory'' popup screen. I paste my XML link and click ADD GADGET button. I got a popup error message saying 'sorry, we were not able to add gadget to directory'

When I tried to add the same gadget on a third Jira instance (setup the same way, same jira version) it can add the gadget without any problems, it works fine. I tried with different other gadgets and it's doing the same behavior.

I have no idea why it works fine on an instance, and not on the other. Any body have a clue on this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

any suspicious log lines available?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

i mean from the host where your jira instance is running that won't add the gadget...

try accessing the gadget-url directly...

the only thing i can see in the log is :

''Caused by: com.atlassian.gadgets.GadgetParsingException: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 503''

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2012

could you reach the gadget-url with something like wget or curl?

well, i can access the gadgt-url without any problem.

i can add the same gadget on another jira instance without any problem also.

im using jira 4.2.4

yep, I can access the gadget url directly

Suggest an answer