AJAX based project, component, version fields

Dmitry Nechayev January 1, 2013

It looks like project, component and version autocomplete fields do not use AJAX and load the whole set of values into browser memory. This makes all aforementioned fields not really scalable. I had delays up to 20 seconds upon opening CreateIssue dialog in configurations with several thousands (up to 4) of projects or components and versions

Is there any recommended way to go around this behavior and avoid pre-loading all project, component, and version values?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

It is not configurable but you should be able to modify the related velocity templates and load them as you want. For example, loading projects is controlled using atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/project-edit.vm.

Dmitry Nechayev January 1, 2013

Thank you! As I understand, I can modify vm templates to make these fields as text edit fields (without loading all values in a list) but it is unlikely that I can make them AJAX based without changing Jira classes...

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Well, you should be able to make it Ajax based too by using the existing REST services ;)

Suggest an answer