Reload issue page after rule triggered and comment created

Khaled Blah June 29, 2020

Hi,

we've created a rule using project automation which has:

• a trigger on field
  • a condition on the field
  • two actions, including one that creates a comment on the issue

I expected the issue to be reloaded/refreshed in the browser so that the user can see the changes that were triggered, however, I can't seem to get that done. Please tell me how that works.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2020

I don't believe that Automation in Jira has any feature to force a refresh in the user's browser.

The Jira browser page will sometimes detect that something in the project has changed, and display a prompt to refresh the page. But in my experience, that is intermittent.

What I've found is that page refreshes in Jira are just something Jira users just need to get good at (especially when using Automation in the background).

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but that's my experience. I've been using Jira for over 10 years, and Automation in Jira quite heavily for over a year.

Khaled Blah June 30, 2020

Thank you for your reply, Mykenna. You are right, that is not the answer I wanted :) but I guess we need to get used to refreshing pages ourselves. Althought that is  really not what I would expect from a paid service like Jira Cloud.

Like # people like this
Yossi Geretz February 1, 2021

I totally agree! How is it that if a team-mate does something in their browser, I will see that in my browser within a few seconds, but if automation runs something on the server, that is not propagated out to the client browsers, not even to the browser that committed the action which fired the trigger? It's a bit lame.

Like # people like this
Mike Alexander January 13, 2023

I suggest people vote for this issue: AUTO-171.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events