Missing issue types

Simon Bestbier November 28, 2019

I have created an Issue Type Scheme with all the issue types I would require in all new projects. When I create a new project, I expect to have this Issue Type Scheme to be automatically assigned to the project.

Instead, I create a new project and it only allows me to create tasks.

I then need to manually create the other issue types or go to the Issue Type Scheme and associate it with the project.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Simon Bestbier

This is in the Next-Gen area - is this Next-Gen?

If it is Next-Gen, shared configuration is not possible yet for new projects - this is something coming in 2020, see the Public Roadmap, under "Share next-gen project configurations and workflows". You'll need to add issue types to each next-gen project created manually.

If it is not and it's a classic project (in any hosting type), you can select to re-use another project's configuration during creation - so you could have a "template project" which has the correct issue type scheme. To do this:

1. Go to Projects > Create Project
  2. Select the appropriate template and get to the naming screen
  3. Check the box "Share settings with an existing project" (or similar wording)
  4. Choose a project to template from and continue the creation process

Ste

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2019

Hi,

That's how JIRA works. After you create your project you have to go to the project settings and change the issuetype scheme to the one you want if the one that already belong to your project don't fit your requirements.

A new issuetype scheme will not be automatically be associated to all new created project.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events