It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Managing component versions Edited

Hello.

I am working on a project with 4 different (Hardware, firmware, software, etc) teams.
In order to manage the issues I have decided to create one project with a component indicating which team the issue is relevant for.

The outcome of each team is versioned differently (sometimes we update the firmware version, sometimes the software version), and I was wondering -
Is there a way to manage release versions for a project, along with versions for each of the components for the same project?

Just to add more context, each team has their own board for managing their issues

---

Edit:

The ideal solution for me will allow me to see all of the issues related to a fix version of the project in one screen.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Yarden Cohen

Just to check - this is in the Next-Gen Cloud section with tags for Jira Server? Is it Server you're referring to here?

By default, Jira doesn't have component versions - versions are specific to a project.

You'd need to consider an add-on for this - such as:

Or if you're using Cloud, you could consider an app like Version Manager for Jira Cloud.

For reference, this has been a longstanding feature request since 2004. Server's request - JRASERVER-3501 - was closed as "Won't Do" in 2017. Cloud's request - JRACLOUD-3501 - remains open.

Ste

Thank you for your reply.
Was referring to Jira Server.

This methodology does not work for my organization yet I think I will open it in a discussion.

Thank you for your help.

No worries :) - if there's something specific you can mention about what you need around methodology, happy to try and find any other alternative!

Ste

Opened a discussion after gathering a bit more information:

Managing different teams with different projects .

Would appreciate you joining in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

410 views 4 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you