Make the roadmap view public or semi public.

Joe Gaudet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 22, 2020

Hey,

Enjoying working with the next-gen roadmap, would really like to be able to share it in my org, and with our customers, without needing them to have access to our Jira account.

I'm sure there are business reasons behind this. But it seems like it would be trivial to provide a non-guessable link that has read-only permissions on the roadmap.

4 answers

0 votes
Jens Schumacher - Released.so
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2023

Hi @Joe Gaudet, we wanted to give our customers more insights into our plans, and allow them to provide early feedback.

That's why we started building a app that enables sharing roadmaps publicly. We are now starting a private beta and would love to get your feedback.

Note that the initial version only supports Jira Product Discovery. We have plans to expand it to Jira Software if there is enough demand. 

For more information and to sign up for the beta, take a look at https://www.released.so/roadmaps

0 votes
Abby Kaske January 18, 2021

Has anyone found the solution for the Jira Roadmap widget giving non-Jira users an error? I'm having two issues similar to this one (Advanced Roadmap and Beta Roadmap in Confluence).

Advanced Roadmap: I've tried doing the Generate Confluence Link in Advanced Roadmap and have set the permissions of Advanced Roadmaps to allow view permissions for Confluence-only users, but my Confluence-only users are still seeing the error.

Beta Roadmaps: We also aren't able to get our Confluence-only users to see the Beta Roadmaps in Confluence. We were using the Next-Gen and it seemed like they were able to view those, but once we switched to Classic we started hearing reports of the widget giving an error.

Hemal Jivani June 20, 2022

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23171 

Promote for Voting, please. This is like 2022. These is the basics of any roadmapping tool to be able to share. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Perhaps also worth checking out Product Discovery, which is in open beta: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery

Ste

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hello Joe,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Next-gen projects are more simple than Classic ones and one of the features that would maybe allow the roadmap to be public is the "Browse Projects", but since the permissions are not available on next-gen, only internal users have access to the projects and its features.

Currently, there are no feature requests suggesting to make the roadmap public, so please, feel free to raise one on jira.atlassian.com (project JSWCLOUD) adding more details about why this feature is important for your environment.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Joe Gaudet

You can share a static view of your roadmap by pressing Export in the upper-right corner and exporting an image of it.

You can also visualise a view of your roadmap in Confluence which would avoid the need to login to Jira. Something worth testing here is whether a roadmap in Confluence can be viewed by an anonymous user, thus eliminating the need to login to see it. This isn't something I've personally tested at this stage.

Aside from that, I'd vote on this suggestion, which mentions embedding the roadmap on external pages - JSWCLOUD-17750

Ste

Joe Gaudet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ thanks for your reply, unfortunately, if folks don't have access to Jira the widget just shows up as empty.

The same is true of showing the active board (screenshot attached)Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.37.48 AM.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer