Is there a shortcut to 'save' an issue description you have edited?

Chris Wardle November 15, 2019

In the previous JIRA issue layout, you could click outside the description body whilst editing in order to save any changes you had made. However in 'next-gen' you now have to scroll to the bottom of the ticket and action the 'Save' button in order to save any changes. Is there a shortcut to save?

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you are not being able to save your description content in a faster way than to scroll it down until the save button and clicking on it.

The shortcut to save any field content (Including description) when editing it on JIRA is:

On macOS -> Command + Enter

On Windows -> Ctrl + Enter

This shortcut is usually used to submit forms in other web-applications, however, I agree that it should be documented to our shortcut list placed under the  menu at the bottom left of the screen.

That being said, I created the following feature request to get it added to that list:

Add the shortcut "Command + enter" to the shortcut list of JIRA 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris Wardle November 19, 2019

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events