Is it possible to customize statuses for issues on my next-gen sotware scrum project sprint board?

paula June 22, 2020

Hi, 

I discovered that there are limitations between classic and nex-gen software projects. 

I need to assign "discarded" issues to "done status" rather than "in progress status".

Do you know if it's possible? and if it were the case... how? I would really appreciate your help here!!!

Seems that the only possibility is to migrate all the issues to another new classic project... and I'm trying to avoid that...

Many thanks in advance. 

Paula

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hello @paula

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The statuses in Jira Next-gen are strictly related to the board columns you have. In fact, the only way to add new statuses in Next-gen would be by creating new columns, so each column represents a single status in your project.

Per your description, I understand you would like to configure two status/columns to the Done category (Discarded and Done), so they would be considered "Done" on the board and reports. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, Jira Next-gen does not have this functionality yet, however, we have a feature request to get this implemented:

Ability to customize status category in Next-gen projects 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you have the following options to achieve what you need:

1. Define the Discarded and Done issues using the same status/column, using another custom field to identify if they are discarded or completed. E.g: Resolution.
  2. Move your issues to a Classic project, where you can map multiple statuses to the same board column. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

paula June 24, 2020

Thanks a lot @Petter Gonçalves for your fast reply!

I'm afraid that's exactly what I need. I'll vote for it, thanks.

Thanks again for your help.

B.R.

Paula

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

You are welcome @paula

Have a nice day.

Suggest an answer