How to stop email notification for Specific user when project created as next-gen projects

Jagrut Solanki October 26, 2018

How to stop email notification for particulate user when project created as next-gen projects

I am having only this options are displaying in my project setting.

Jira project setting.JPG

4 answers

3 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi Jagrut,

Currently, it's not possible to manage notification on next-gen projects.
Next-gen projects were created to be more simple, so there is no option, for example, to edit workflows.

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17157

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Dave Hollingshead February 14, 2019

More simple means less features and granularity of settings?

Like # people like this
Josh Story April 27, 2019

This is insane. How can you not have a feature to turn email notifications off?

Like Margo Smith likes this
Daniel Suess July 7, 2019

Still no progress on this? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hi everyone,

All updates will be posted on the feature request JSWCLOUD-17157.
Please, make sure to watch to receive the updates.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
mark-symmonds December 12, 2019

I have to admit I have been finding nextgen to be completely useless for anything but a very simple project.  Features like turning off email notifications, not being to manually archive items, or assign groups to projects are things people need.  If you mean simple in that it is so simple it is useless, then Atlassian has achieved its goal.  We will achieve our goals by moving off of Atlassasian.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

I've seen other products implement similar things. They are responding to people BUYING their product that want to hire novice workers and don't want the administrators to need to think much to implement the product. Then after they buy it the people USING the product find out all the things missing that they want to do. It could be that 90% of the newgen users are happy and we only see the frustrated one in the forum. 

0 votes
hktvbarry May 6, 2019

This is very bad. No way to turn off notification.

Suggest an answer