How can I filter Activity Stream gadget by username?

Anastasiia Zvierieva May 28, 2020

Hello,

I added Activity Stream gadget to my Dashboard, but I cannot filter it by my username - nothing fits here. Neither my email, first part of my email (before @), just first name and last name. I cannot find where I can get my username. I tried to mention myself in comment and use account id, it didn't work as well.

I'm using nextgen project. Also, don't know if it's helpful, for other users I can filter activity stream - but they have display name like this - Firstname.Lastname, I have Firstname Lastname - with space.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020
Anastasiia Zvierieva June 1, 2020

Thank you, that helped me - I was using the wrong account id previously.

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Brendan Ryan August 24, 2020

Hi Anastasiia,

What type of project are you using this for? I'm trying to set up this gadget as well, but I can't seem to get it to work with a Jira Service Desk project when I felt by user. The odd thing is, if I just set the project to my Jira Service Desk I can see the activity of those users. 

Anastasiia Zvierieva August 28, 2020

Hi Brendan,

I'm using this for the next-gen project. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the Jira Service Desk project as I don't use it. 
I think you can start a new Question with the description of your issue. I'm sure Atlassian Community will help you out with this!

Wojciech Kubiak November 25, 2020

Hi Anastasiia and all,

thanks for the tip, but on my Jira Software Cloud / Next Gen project it does not work. I'm able to pick up ID but on the filter it does not work.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Wojtek

Cat Schwartz December 8, 2020

Hi, I am still having the issue. Are there any new tricks? Some of my users show up and others do not. Any clue? It does not pick up on the gadget for the dashboard.Doesn't even recognize the name.

Thanks,

Cat

Brett Ludwig May 17, 2021

I'm having this issue as well. This works for users with shorter IDs but ones that have a smallernumber:largernumber format do not show up. 

Rosa M Fossi June 23, 2021

I can't get this to work either.  I'm also eyeballing another community thread HERE but I'm not landing on a solution. 

Basically, just want to see a feed of anything that involves me (if I'm assigned to something, if I comment, at-mentions)

CLOUD-proj-stream-ss.png

Suggest an answer