Configuring Time Since Issues Report to show data based on custom date field

Yogita Manwani April 11, 2019

Hi,

I am looking for a report to show the count of issues worked on by development team over last x weeks. Only related report I see in jira is "Time Since Issues Report" - however,  date field configuration doesnt have any option to identify the time when issue is moved from "in progress" to "dev done".  I understand I need to create a custom field (Fix Date) that records current date when issue is moved from "in progress" to "done".

My question is - will the custom date field (Fix Date) be displayed in the date field configuration options for the report. If not, can someone suggest possible solution to get the report. Right now I only see following for date config:

jiraReporting.png

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2019

Hello Yogita,

I hope you are having a good day.

I understand that you would like to return in your report all the issues that were transitioned from "In progress" to "Dev done" over last X weeks. Is that correct?

If I have properly understood your question, the answer to it is yes. You can configure a custom field to receive the current date when the issue was transitioned and select this field as the Date Field in the report.

Additionally, you can use the post function "Update issue custom field" to automatically set the current date when the issues are transitioned, so you should avoid the possibility of the person which is transitioning the issue forget to update the custom field.

Let me know if this information helps and if you need more details about the suggested post function.

Yogita Manwani April 23, 2019

Thank you Petterson!

This helps - I understand how I can capture the date when issues move from 'In progress' to 'Dev done'. However, I am still not sure if custom field details can be used for representation on graph/report.

If you take a look at screenshot attached in my question, which option should i select to see report based on custom field? 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hello Yogita,

Once you create your date custom field and add it to your project screens, it will appear as an option under the Date field you are displaying in your screenshot.

Let me know if this is not happening in your instance.

Yogita Manwani April 24, 2019

It worked.

Thanks a lot! :D

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2019

You are welcome, Yogita.

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events