edit boards and issue type possible?

Marina Kammerer December 18, 2018

Hey everyone,

I'm a complete beginner in Jira and I have to create a new project.
It shall contain 3 boards to track the subprojects with specific issue types. I do have the problem now, that in a next gen project I cannot create more than one board but I can edit the Use Case /Story by adding fields with checkboxes etc. In a kanban project I cannot edit the issue types the way I need them but have various boards.
Is there a way to have several boards and to specify the issue types the ways I need them ?
Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi Marina,

Migrate the issues in your next gen project to a standard project using the bulk edit option and create the board and configuration in this new project.

Put simply, I cannot advise anyone to use the next gen project as it seems to still be work in progress. There is an active thread where you can find various requests for this project type in the channel.

1. Create a JIRA software project(not next gen)
  2. Go to the issue search page and run a search for (project = '<your next gen project>')
  3. Move all issues to the standard project.
  4. Create all  your new boards when you are done.
Marina Kammerer December 18, 2018

Hi Ismael,

thank you for your answer. I moved the issues to a Kanban board but only the standard issue type fields are moved.  Is there a possibility to edit issue types (and fields)  in Kanban boards?

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2018

Hi Marina 

That is odd. I would expect JIRA to ask you to map issue types that did not exist to one of the ones in the new project.

Can you try the process again and confirm what it shows when you are moving the issues?

Thanks

Marina Kammerer January 3, 2019

Sorry for the late answer,

the issue types are shown but i cannot map or use them (greyed out).

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2019

That’s okay Marina.

It is odd you could not remap the issue types how ver let us do the following:

1. Go to the newly created project > project setting page
  2. select issue type and edit the issue type scheme.
  3. add the issue types that existed in the old project to the new one.
  4. save your changes.
  5. Attempt to move the issues between the projects again

Please ensure you have the move issue, edit issue and browse project permissions in both projects.

The suggestion above should make JIRA map the issue type to the corresponding one in the new project.

Suggest an answer