Where do I ask a question about Greenshot??

Cary Jardine March 23, 2021

I'm trying to find where to ask a question about Greenshot, which I've used for years.  Just in the last week or so when I take a screenshot and choose "copy to clipboard" and then paste, it pastes two images instead of 1.  I'm using the most recent release.  This happens on different computers and in different browsers.  Always pastes two identical images instead of just one.  Never had this problem before and I don't know how to correct it.

I've looked all over the support sites and keep getting directed to the support page where I try to ask a new question and then get told "you're not authorized" and to log in, but I don't see where to log in.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

I think you're in the wrong place here.  Greenshot is not an Atlassian or Atlassian related (marketplace) application.

My best guess is that Greenshot uses Confluence and/or Jira for documentation and/or issue tracking, and you have clicked for "help with the Atlassian product" rather than "help with Greenshot or help with Greenshot's support systems".

I'm afraid the best we can do is tell you to ask in a more Greenshot-focussed place!  

Cary Jardine March 24, 2021

I knew I was in the wrong place but when I'm on the Greenshot page and click on "report a bug" it gives me this link https://greenshot.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/BUG/issues/  When I get there and try to submit something it tells me I'm not allowed to, and directed me eventually to here.  "Ask a support question" on the Greenshot page has this link https://greenshot.atlassian.net/browse/SUPPORT but tells me I'm not authorized to do that either.  When I got to this Atlassian Community page I didn't ever see any choice for Greenshot.  They are making it really hard to get in touch with them!!  Thanks for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Ok, that confirms that Greenshot are using Jira for a support system, but yes, they've not given you any way to ask for their admin's help getting into it,

Instead, you've only got the link to "help with Jira", which lands you here.  This community won't have Greenshot links - Atlassian reports customer numbers in millions, we can't link to everyone!

Anyway, the links you've given us are to stuff they have chosen to expose in public, so we can all see them, but to create issues, you do need to be using an account with access to create issues.  It doesn't look like they have a service desk, so you would need to be added as one of their Jira users.  I can't see a way of getting that done!

Cary Jardine March 24, 2021

Thanks.  I did finally find a place to log in and submit a support question.  But as I say...they did make it difficult to get there.

Suggest an answer