Time tracking - HOURS report

Milos_Vujicic December 3, 2019

Hi.

A)

As a new user I would like to know how to get "time tracking" report in a Jira project, so I can know how much time anyone spent doing all the tasks in one Jira project. I didn.t find the answer to that that I would understand. We are using "Next-gen"- Kanban template.

I didn't found that options in reports section, is there any? So is there any free plugin for that or I must buy one (Issue History Collector?)

Example: There are Steve, John and Mike doing one project. On the end of the project I would like to know how much time each of them spent on all tasks, that mean on the whole project. How could I get that report? (exampe: Steve 34hours, John 22hours, Mike 55hours)

B)

Let say I make a mistake in a task and I write down that I spent 5 hours on one task and how can I repair that, because I spent 3 hours on that task. How can I go from 5 to 3, so I make that minus two action?

Thank you very much :)

Milos.

4 answers

4 votes
Nicole Formosa December 9, 2019

Hi @Milos_Vujicic !

My company uses Jira plugin - Activity Timeline and I've noticed that its functionality just fits your requires. 

It clearly shows who is doing what, users can log their worked hours and edit them in case of mistake.  

Plugin also allows to make reports.

AT.png

You may check features here  - Cloud / Server 

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2020
0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2019

Hi @Milos_Vujicic,

You might be also interested in Clockwork apps (free or paid) provided by my team. 

They allow tracking time automatically as well as getting the legible reports on who worked on what and for how long. 

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Milos_Vujicic ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.

For your first question relating to time tracking of the users the User Workload Report  might accomplish some what you are looking for but overall when it come to the time tracking reporting capabilities in Jira, they are geared more towards the Issues relationship to the project for a project manage management approach rather than the users relationship to the issue for a user management approach.  If you are looking for more detailed user time tracking options its recommended to look into third party add-ons that extend the functionality in this direction.  the following list is narrowed down for Time tracking add-on apps on Jira Cloud:

Additionally check out the following two post that i answered recently on similar questions that also relate to this with some additional information, the first one goes into a little more more detail on the above mentioned Workload report:

and the next one Goes into details about alternative approaches of using external reporting tools such as Excel or google Sheets (using the "Jira for Google Sheets" free app from atlassian) to pull and create custom reports based on the field data in more specialized reports for your exact needs:

For your Second question deleting or modifying the work logs after entering a value in error can be done by:

1. Make sure you have the appropriate "Time Tracking Permissions" for you Project level permissions
    1. You will need "Delete" and "Edit" for either or both of the "Own" and "All" options, contingent on wether you only want to modify your own logged work or if you are going to modify other users work log entries as well
  2. Navigate to the issue with the incorrect work log entry
  3. If you are Using the classic view 
    1. Switch to the "Work log" tab in the activities section or the issue
    2. and the edit and Delete options will be displayed in the upper right corner of the work log entry:
      Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 2.22.12 PM.png
  4. If you are using the New Issue View:
    1. In the activity section switch the drop down to "Work Log"
    2. The Edit and delete options are located directly under the noted work log entry
      Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 2.24.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-04 at 2.26.23 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer