It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multi-select script for custom field

I need a list of product short names for a Jira project, over a thousand all in all. I took from already existing custom fields in our company a field called "Affected Products" (multi-select list and asked to replace the existing product with the list that I provided. All fine and dandy so far.

But I am not happy with the way the field works though, I have to make multiple choices by pressing down ctrl

SNAG-0117.jpg

I would prefer the same kind of multi-select as in Component/s field so that I can start typing a value and click it to select, then start typing next value and select it, see example below.

SNAG-0116.jpg

When asking for  similar kind of script from our IT, they said that it is available only for system fields, is that true? Or is there a custom field type that would work?

3 answers

1 accepted

Thank you for a prompt reply :)

Hi,

How to get the count of values selected from the multi-select custom field. 

I have the multi-select custom field  If I have selected the  10 items from this field then we need to set the count number to another field.

How to write the script in behaviors 

I've tried many of the solutions proposed in these other duplicate threads. Using Jira's "dark features" is by far the best (and easiest) I've seen so far:

1. Point your browser to /secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa beneath you Jira-URL (for this Jira this would become https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa)
2. Enable "jira.site.darkfeature.admin" so you get a link to this page in Administration-menu
3. Enter "multiselect.frother.renderer" into the text-field and klick add.

Afterwards all multi-selects should be presented as "frother"-controls.

This was originally posted by Matthias Vill back in 2013 in a comment for a Jira suggestion:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-23013?focusedCommentId=517424&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-517424

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Authentication Options for Atlassian’s Opsgenie

What’s New as of May 21, 2020 Hi there! We recently made some changes to the way you can leverage Single-sign on and authorization within Opsgenie. Based on customer preference and feedback we intr...

94 views 1 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you