Multi-select script for custom field

Jorma Vihavainen February 12, 2019

I need a list of product short names for a Jira project, over a thousand all in all. I took from already existing custom fields in our company a field called "Affected Products" (multi-select list and asked to replace the existing product with the list that I provided. All fine and dandy so far.

But I am not happy with the way the field works though, I have to make multiple choices by pressing down ctrl

SNAG-0117.jpg

I would prefer the same kind of multi-select as in Component/s field so that I can start typing a value and click it to select, then start typing next value and select it, see example below.

SNAG-0116.jpg

When asking for  similar kind of script from our IT, they said that it is available only for system fields, is that true? Or is there a custom field type that would work?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019
Jorma Vihavainen February 12, 2019

Thank you for a prompt reply :)

0 votes
gopinath_velayudhan September 6, 2021

Hi All - My question is little different from the above conversion but related. 

I am trying to create a java script that will filter and display only certail values in a multiselect based on a selection of a parent field

example if customfield_1 = test1

then should only list out values in multiselect customfield_2 where the option starts with test1_xxxxx

Please help as i am stuck with this requirement.

thanks in advance.

Gopi

0 votes
Joe Doherty September 25, 2019

I've tried many of the solutions proposed in these other duplicate threads. Using Jira's "dark features" is by far the best (and easiest) I've seen so far:

1. Point your browser to /secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa beneath you Jira-URL (for this Jira this would become https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa)
2. Enable "jira.site.darkfeature.admin" so you get a link to this page in Administration-menu
3. Enter "multiselect.frother.renderer" into the text-field and klick add.

Afterwards all multi-selects should be presented as "frother"-controls.

This was originally posted by Matthias Vill back in 2013 in a comment for a Jira suggestion:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-23013?focusedCommentId=517424&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-517424

0 votes
suresh-bitbucket41 June 19, 2019

Hi,

How to get the count of values selected from the multi-select custom field. 

I have the multi-select custom field  If I have selected the  10 items from this field then we need to set the count number to another field.

How to write the script in behaviors 

Suggest an answer