Adding a Super Admin user

Kelly Pattie January 15, 2020

I am attempting to add a Super Admin however within 24 hours of me adding the user they revert back to their original user role meaning I cannot assign any issues to them and have to go through the entire process again of making them a Super Admin. 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi Kelly,

Are you creating them as a Jira Admin or a Project Admin? Just remember that the Permission Scheme attached to a project controls what a user can do, even if they are a Jira Admin. So to assign an issue to them for a project, they must have the Assignable User permissions in the permission scheme for that project. 

Kelly Pattie January 20, 2020

I think its a Jira Admin? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Can you share a screen shot? A Jira admin is one who is in the Administrators group at the organizational level, not an Administrator at the Project Level

Suggest an answer