Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the "New to JSM" group! - Introduce yourselves here! (please)

Viewing page 9 of 9

219 comments

Comment

Paul Spurling February 9, 2024

Hi everyone!

I started using JSM about 6 months ago when our team was finally able to migrate from a minimal helpdesk software we had outgrown.

We are using JSM to support all aspects of IT for a non-profit organization focused on global wildlife conservation.

I like what I have seen in JSM already and am now ready to start learning now to customize it for our workflows.

Best regards,

Paul

Like Amanda Barber likes this
John Connolly February 12, 2024

As an Agile Coach, I have to say that JSM is one of my lesser-used Atlassian products apps.  I've spent some time setting it up in the past, but most of my experience has been as a user.  I'm very keen to learn more though, as a number of the instances I have seen and used need some help to take best advantage of what it can do...

Like # people like this
River_Wolff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2024

I have been using JSM for about 3 years now. I joined a company that used Atlassian heavily and fell in love with the product. I got to attend Team'22 in Vegas and got to meet and learn so much!

I've helped so many teams set up JSM, from legal, marketing, Data & AI, and L&D

Like Martin Wickham likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

I posted my into directly in the group here: Here to help!

Cross posting to see if this grants me my into badge :)

Tania Graham February 27, 2024

Hello! I've been using JSM for a year now as a Jira Admin/Org Admin and agent. Really enjoying it and its customization, the AI and the automations that make things so much easier for our JSM agents and customers.

Shraddha March 8, 2024

Hello everyone !

I help the team for Jira Admin work related to JSM for almost 1.5 years now. I enjoy working on teh Atlassian products and every product has something different to offer.

For all new beginners using JSM i highly recommend all the free Atlassian training courses and online documentations.

Happy Learning !

Isaac Adebayo March 9, 2024

Hello Everyone,

• I have been using JSM for about 4 years now and I must say I love the fact that there has been a lot of improvement.
  • Not sure if this if this is unique but I have been able to work with some of my colleagues to connect a website to a Jira Service Management Product Cloud.
  • I saw an analytics team on Jira software project migrate to Jira Service Management project.
Marcus Jensen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2024

Hey! I'm Marcus!

Great to meet everyone :) 

Susanna Babayan March 17, 2024

Hi everyone!
I've been working with JSM for almost two years now and boy do I enjoy it. I get that JSM and JSW have two different goals but if I have to compare, as a Jira support agent, I enjoy  JSM more just because how much more there is simply because there is another pov to it (talking about the client's portal).

Net Rushford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hello I'm Net!

Harsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024

Hi All,

I have been using JSM for almost 3 years now. Although there are always challenges which the customer expect which is not achievable due to platform restriction but it is interesting to find a workaround for it.

Holly Scott March 20, 2024

Hello, I'm new to this group and to JSM. We will be using this for ticketing service requests.

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2024

Just introducing myself. I'm Josh, and I lead Event Technology for Atlassian, however fairly new user to JSM. I am always looking for ways to utilize our own tools within events and I love our Community - what better place to learn? Happy to be here.

Like # people like this
Martin Wickham April 3, 2024

Hi I'm Martin and working as a Service & Solutions Architect for a small company which is part of an internationally federated group involved in standards management and traceability. I have an extensive history of IT starting as a programmer and ending as a country CIO of a large multi-national organisation. I am currently assessing both the service management and the software management processes and organisation for the above company which uses Zendesk for service management and DevOps for the management of application development. I am evaluating Jira as a potential solution to manage everything from product inception to delivery and support and am pretty excited about the potential I have seen so far.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi @Martin Wickham , that's exciting! Thanks for sharing and feel free to ask questions and to share ideas in the Atlassian Community. Good luck!:-)

Daria Kulikova_GitProtect_io_ April 11, 2024

Hi "New to JSM" group Coomunity!

My first meet with Jira Servce Management was through a free cource on Atlassian University, once I found out that I needed the knowledge about JSM in my work. I completed the course in an evening and was eager to start practicing. Though the decision was made long time ago, I still think that I started from the right place - first theory and then practice :) 

Jose A_ Gea April 16, 2024

Hi group

I've been using JSM on various companies for the last 8 years. My first interaction with JSM was during the migration from another ITSM tool to Jira, I was amazed on how easy it was to get started and have everything up and running in less than a month (we had to customise a few things but we got INC, SRs, CHG and PRB pretty much out of the box).

Currently looking on rethinking on a new solution for a part of our organisation that is only using Jira Software, plenty of challenges ahead, let's see if I can get some help!

Malka Jackson _Isos Technology_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2024

Hi y'all! I am currently working for a Atlassian Platinum Partner as a Technical Project Manager and I have been configuring and using JSM for about 5 years now. Since the before times, when it was JSD.

My favorite transformation was taking a client who used JIra and an email handler app as a service desk into JSM proper. That was such a dramatic difference for the Client and to see how it transformed the experience for the end users was awesome. 

Fun Facts: I am one of 11 children between my parents and step-parents. We are a big ol group of folks that range in age from 45-65. I am next to youngest in the range. I have more cats than toes. I have two cats and no toes. I am a double amputee. (Left below the knee and right transmetatarsal - through the foot). I love to take road trips and travel when I am not working and my favorite spots in the US are the Blue Ridge Mountains. 

Thank you for reading a little about me and I hope to interact with y'all soon!

Martin Wickham April 17, 2024

What an upbeat intro Malka!

great to see you embracing your challenges and making lite of what some people would find very difficult. It gives hope to the rest of us.

wkennedy April 18, 2024

I've been working with JSM since it was Service Desk. Server, Data Center & Cloud.

I think JSM's reduced API compared to Jira Software or Work Management make it a great way to get started with API-first use and development compared to JSW or JWM for the power user and Admin who wants to become a Developer.

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2024

Hi, I've been using JSM for about 6  months now, ever since my CTO said 'you know all that work you've done over the last 6 months setting up our change management system? well let's do it in JSM instead'

We are now using JSM to link up out incident and change management systems between ourselves and our main supplier, as well as adding in requests for work for our commercial and data teams.

I've also got one of our DevOps team currently setting up Github and JSM integration to simplify our change management and release process.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events