cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here to help!

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2024

Hello everyone! While not necessarily new to JSM, I am new to the group and stopping by to introduce myself!

I have been working with this product since it was first launched as "Jira Service Desk" after being a successful internal hackathon project. 

I've been lucky to be featured in customer use case studies and on podcasts for our usage of the tool in various deployments. 

If anyone has any questions, I'm looking forward to helping!

6 comments

Comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

Good to see you here, @Jeff Tillett  👋

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2024

Long time no see man!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community and this JSM group, @Jeff Tillett !

Hope you have great sharing and learning experiences here!

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2024

For some reason I am not being given credit for the Kudos badge for making this introduction post. Is that something a Community Manager needs to do manually?

diego alonso February 12, 2024
Hi Jeff, I'm totally new to JSM. I would like to know if you can guide me in a proposal.
I am looking for how to improve an application inventory update process which consists of requests and notifications, both via email. In addition, the inventory is available to the entire company in an Excel sheet.
My proposal seeks to migrate the process to JSM and use Confluence as a repository, because I believe that the approach of request tickets, forms, automation and request management could work to improve the process.
Do you think that JSM is the best choice for this approach?
I'd really appreciate your help!
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2024

For specific questions, I would recommend posting in the question format to get the widest possible answers for your request.

JSM does include an asset tracking capability out of the box, as well as email support, so I think you're off to a great start!

Like diego alonso likes this
Michael DiRenzo February 13, 2024

I too had a go with the JIRA Service Desk in times past.  The morphed product in Issue Collector is somewhat better and offers a good bit flexibility.  With the customizations that I have put forth, I believe I have reached the end to what is possible unless JIRA engineering steps in to offer the assistance I need.  

I have been waiting for a while now to get a response:

Issue collector - Advanced Scripting (atlassian.com)

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2024

For the direction you are taking, I believe you might be right. The good thing about this ecosystem is that there are many ways to do the same thing.

You might have better luck trying to detail the goal or task you are trying to accomplish, then describing what you have done, and why it is insufficient for your needs. The community might be able to help find an alternative solution. 

Like jamieworrell682 likes this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2024

I have replied in your question :)

Olimpia Estela Cáceres-Brown February 22, 2024

Congratulations Jeff!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events