windows version

Rik Viergever December 30, 2020

is anyone else amazed by the slow speed of the Jira browser interface...? I used Trello before, it was MUCH faster, because it was a windows app.

@atlassian: are there any plans to develop a Windows app, like for Apple?

Rik

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @Rik Viergever

there is not Windows App in the making - nothing that I would be aware of.
Jira Cloud is, as already in its name, is meant to be a Cloud solution - (Software as a service as the people nowadays say). Intention is to have a internet connection and you can use it.

There can be many aspects as to why you are specifically experience slowness.
In case you aim for details on this I am sure somebody can say something about when you tell more about your specific cloud site (size, usage patterns, age - and so on).

From a general point of view: I am confident the issue is addressed with Atlassian and has top priority. There is no doubt that improvements in this area will happen.

There has been even an interview on that topic lately.

In case you want to watch here is the link - I found it quite open and full of good information:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Hear-about-cloud-performance-from-the-Head-of-Product-for-Jira/ba-p/1553641

Cheers,
Daniel

Rik Viergever December 31, 2020

hi Daniel,

SaaS has nothing to do with a desktop version or not... Neither does a cloud vs self-hosted version. A windows app is just a way of accessing the data on the cloud that you use via a SaaS solution.

Still think it would be great if there was a windows app, or a MUCH faster browser UI

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

It depends if you are going for the technical view (then you are surely right) or from a business perspective, anyway - if you think it should be there you could contact support over it and make a proposal.
Nothing speaks against it - but your initial question was if there is a Windows App coming and the answer is: no, there is nothing planned to my knowledge.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events