when i change the sprint name in one project then sprint name in another project also changed

when i change the sprint name in one project then sprint name in another project also changed. How can i control this thing . Kindly help me to get rid out of this.

3 answers

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 23, 2016

That sounds like an issue.

Do the Agile Boards that controls these Sprints share a query across both projects? You're description implies a configuration error.

I think it is an issue Steven.

I have one board for Engineering as a whole, and two boards for iOS, and Web teams.

Engineering has tasks which are used in both boards: iOS and Web, so why I could not make a separate Sprints using different tasks from the Engineering board?

For now we have to duplicate the issues or be prepared that we need to reopen the Sprint from one of the team. 

We have to do twice some actions anyway.

0 vote

Sprints belong to boards, not projects, so what you're doing is renaming an object that includes items from two projects.  You need to separate the board so that the sprints can be separated.

Hi Nic, 

Sorry to reopen this one, but can you advise how the boards are separated please or where I see the query is combining the two? As I'm having the same issue - the same sprint name mysteriously changing the sprint name of a different project (or possibly board).  Thank you.

You'll find they are the same sprint if you dug deep enough.

Take a look at the two board queries - do they overlap anywhere?

Hello everyone, 

is this a Jira bug? I have two project, two boards with different names and filters, but the edits on the sprints are shared.

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Thanks

No, it's not a bug.  When you create a sprint, it shows on any board where the users might need to see it.

The "solution" is for the user to understand that a sprint will appear on all boards it affects.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

143 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you