what is the data contained in CLUSTEREDJOB table of JIRA 8.1 version

balaji.sury May 16, 2019

While checking the DB data, I came across the table CLUSTEREDJOB. Can someone explain what is the data contained in this ? What is the job type and job key is being entered here ?

AFAIK, no specific scheduled job was set by me using JIRA.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

Jira will use this table to keep track of how often to run a number of different processes and tasks.  This is not a complete list, but here are a few examples:

• Interval used to sync with external user directories (Active Directory / LDAP)
  • Jira Service Desk SLA audit cleanup
  • Service Desk mail handler check interval
  • DVCS synchronization intervals
  • UPM check for updated plugin versions in Marketplace
  • Jira Filter subscriptions interval to send these out

Each of these tend to be created by Jira itself or a system plugin in Jira that can then this table to keep track of how often Jira or the plugin itself should be running some particular scheduled task/job/etc.  

Even in a brand new, vanilla Jira without any user plugins, you can still expect to see at least a few entries in this table from system plugins.  Most of these are utilizing a cron value for the interval and/or the interval in milliseconds, but this table can also be used to track the last run time, which I believe is in a unix epoch time format.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Niranjan Deshpande June 23, 2021

How to run this update query: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-interval-or-schedule-of-the-dvcs-repositories-sync-962980024.html

I started the H2 databases via the console, but unable to see this table. The db object navigator doesn't show all the tables. Which aliases should i use to see and access this table and update this query?

UPDATE clusteredjob
SET interval_millis=86400000 
WHERE job_runner_key='com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.scheduler.DvcsScheduler';
Niranjan Deshpande June 24, 2021

I wish to change the frequency of the DVCS job run. I was able to change it in the hsql database but the values are being overwritten each time I :

1. stop jira
  2. start hsql db engine
  3. change values for interval, next run in clusteredjob table
  4. stop hsql db engine
  5. start jira

My updates are not persisting after jira restart. the values are getting reset to interval = 3600000. DVCS scheduler still shows interval as 1 hour even after these steps. I want to change the interval to 5min

Suggest an answer