way to automatically populate select list options

Hello,

I have a custom field which is a select list -- with a very long list of options that I would like to have. Is there any way to systematically populate the options for a select list? Like, from an excel sheet or external database connection?

I am running downloadable JIRA 5.2 as as standalone application.

Thanks

Andrew

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andrew, I actually did that in the database. It's never recommended to do that, but in my case I had like five select list custom fields to populate with more than a thousand options so it was that or nothing for me.

Here's another question about that:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53463/populate-custom-field-based-on-data-from-another-ms-sql-database

Not finding the one I did about this...

As much as I try I don't remember the name of the table, but you can insert directly there the options with a script. One table is to define the customfields and another to populate it's values. Obviously you have to stop Jira service to do changes on the database.

Excellent -- lots of options -- thanks!

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Apr 09, 2013

You can use Script Runner to import values for custom fields.

Henning

Mizan Community Champion Apr 09, 2013

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

84 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you