want to add custom field to request type screen

gayan ganepola October 11, 2017

I would like to create a single item select combo (custom field) called "status" in request type screen(screen appear for end user).

My aim is to allow, end user to update status combo  when ever user add a new comment .

is it possible me to do  so .

Thanks 

Gayan 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi Gayan,

Yes you can actually pick out what custom fields appear in the customer portal.   First you would need to create this new field per the steps in Adding a Custom field.   Creating a new field and defining the options in the field will likely prompt the Jira admin to perform a reindex before this field is usable.   And you would also need to make sure this field appears on the screens of the Service Desk project in question.   But that is just enough to have the field appear to Agents and Admins, this is not enough yet to have this appear in the customer portal.

In order to appear in the customer portal, this is determined by the specific request type.   More details on how you can configure this are in Configuring request types and workflows.  Not all custom fields can be added to this view, but a single select field should be something you can edit on the request type to have this appear.    You will have to edit the request type in order to make sure that this is including the field you want to show in the customer portal when a user creates the issue.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer