using $ in email subject

I have a post-function set up in my workflow to generate an email under a certain set of conditions. The subject of the email includes '$'. When I click Preview, the subject appears to be formatted perfectly, for example:

SubjectEscalated Professional Services Issue: Medium / One Month

But actual emails being delivered to my inbox are not displaying the subject as it did in the preview. This is what I'm seeing:

SubjectEscalated Professional Services Issue:

Does anyone know why 'priority' is missing? Thanks.


1 answer

1 accepted

Is the issue used in the Preview and Actual the same? Maybe the actual email really does not have the priority set.

I just checked, and the issues coming through do indeed have the priority field populated.

Can you check on the server side logs to see if there are any hints? It might be the special characters or something else. Wild guess for now.

I was able to fix this issue by removing the { } around the field, which I didn't post in my question. Sorry about that.

{$} was displaying correctly in preview, but not in the actual email. By removing the brackets, it solved the issue. 

So it is the special characters after all.

Yes! Thanks so much, Gabrielle.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot