transition automatically to previously assigned user

I have a workflow that has a testing stage, at this point it can either be moved to QA which I want to have sent to a group (not one person) OR send it back to the PREVIOUS user (the tester may not know who it was and I don't want them to set it manually).  Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

When you transition it to the testing stage you copy the old assignee in a custom field called previous assignee (in the postfunction) - on the way back copy it from previous assignee to assignee. Then you have what you need.

figured it out, worked perfectly

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion May 06, 2015

You can't assign issues to groups. The work around is to create a user that represents the group and use a mailing list email for it. Remove the id from the jira-users group so it can't logon and doesn't count toward your licenses.

Seems I answered only half the question. But you are correct.

actually, I created a custom field called 'assignee group' which you can then have filtered in the dashboards which seems to do the trick so long as you also set it to clear the assignee too

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you