track my @mentions effectively

I am running the IT service for my company through Jira. All employee support and contractor system development is run through 27 projects. This is alot to oversee and we use @mentions to highlight direct questions. It is however not hard to miss these in the flood of notifacations.

I use a JQL string that lets me know if I have been @mentioned: (summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) AND updatedDate >= -7d

This is limited to the fact that it highlights any issue beeing updated in the last 7 days that has me @mentioned even though the @mention took place long before.

Is there any JQL string or gadet that can help me narrow down to just my @mentions in the time frame that I m looking at?

1 answer

1 accepted

Not aware of default JIRA ability to search comments by its date. But I found some plugins that has such features

Ok thank you! do you know if this is on any roadmap or asked for by other users?

Open improvement request specific to your requirement can be seen in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35765:)

Thanks I will follow this!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,965 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot