sum of all tasks estimation inside the epic.

Iryna Lienska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

Hello everyone I need you to find automation solution for Epics, so that "original estimate" field will be based on sum of all tasks estimation inside the epic.

Eg. "Epic Test" has Task #1 with 1 hour estimate and Task #2 with 2 hours estimate. So that "Epic Test" original estimate field will be equal to 3 hours .

Unfortunately, I am a complete zero in jira, but I was given the task of automation. Could you please tell me how to really do this, I turned to GPT, but unfortunately nothing worked out for me, the total time should be indicated in the Remaining time field

1 answer

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2024

Hello, Good day. Please check whether following the automation steps helps your requirement. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/How-to-sum-up-logged-hours-using-automation-in-Jira-Cloud/ba-p/1409115

Iryna Lienska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 7, 2024

Thank you so much, I will try today 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events