some features of JIRA Service desk

Hi there,

I'm a system analyst for a Hospital in the USA and I'm am assigned to evaluate the JIRA help Desk plugin. We as a team have been using another platform for tracking/creating projects but are considering of moving on to JIRA however we have the following questions.

Does JIRA have the following features available? Please answer yes or No.

1. Ability to accept service requests from customers email with attachments and auto create tickets
  2. Customizable workflow to accommodate our minimum processes (assignable to on call,  for peer review etc.)
  3. Ability to retrieve and search for issues and status of issues
  4. Email notification to CME when assigned an issue and email acknowledgement to requester 
  5. Email logic for auto assign to CME's based on domain  (Error log, lab bed, providers, unknown)

2 answers

Fortunately, the answers to all of your questions are yes!

1. Customers can open new issues by sending in an email, and those emails can have (but are not required to have) attachments.  The Service Desk portal also provides a friendly interface for customers to open issues, again with or without attachments.
  2. JIRA is very customizable, and you can set up very customized workflows for Service Desk issues to follow.
  3. The search capabilities in JIRA Service Desk are the same as in JIRA, and are very robust.
  4. When someone is assigned an issue, that person can get an email notification. If the requester must also get an email notification when an issue has been assigned to a technician, the easiest way to do that would be to move the issue into a new status called Assigned.
  5. Issues that are classified as being in certain domains can be automatically assigned to a particular technician.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,042 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot