set customer passwords

Chris Cabrera Thompson July 27, 2016

Is it possible to set the passwords for all of my JIRA Service Desk accounts?  I can do it individually, but I have 100 users and I want to set them all to the same password. 

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

2. Set the password directly in the database

This is a last resort only - try the above recommended approach first.

1. You can also update the password hash stored for a user in your database. Run the following command to set the user called XXXX's password to the word sphere.

update cwd_user set credential='uQieO/1CGMUIXXftw3ynrsaYLShI+GTcPS4LdUGWbIusFvHPfUzD7CZvms6yMMvA8I7FViHVEqr6Mj4pCLKAFQ==' where user_name='XXXX';
  2. Restart JIRA.

Dont know how the hash is generated, so with this you could set password of each user only to 'sphere'

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2016

Why do you want to do that? You might be able to reset all of their passwords instead; would that be better?

Suggest an answer