select multiple

patrick schmider June 21, 2016

JIRA Service Desk:

a) How can multiple "issues" be selected and deleted - without having to open each of them manually

b) Is Drag'n Drop supported for issues?

c) How can incoming mails be filtered / ignored, so that they don't end up as new issues?

d) Why are incoming customer mails formatted completely unreadable, if they (=the customer) replies to mails (="responses") sent or generated by the Service Desk?

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2016

a) Use bulk-edit from the issue navigator (your agents will need to be granted the global permission to use bulk edit)

b) In what context?

c) It depends on the mail handler settings.  The ones in JIRA Core have some configuration settings to look at, and the handler for Service Desk mails is a little different.  But, I'd want to look at the requirement properly first - why are you wanting to filter and ignore these emails?  A Service Desk is there to handle incoming calls, not silently drop them.  Maybe if you could explain the filter for us, we can tell you more.

d) Define "unreadable" - it's often the mail client that messes them up by trying to be "clever", but it's worth explaining what's wrong with them, as it might be other things

patrick schmider June 22, 2016

Thanks for the quick reply!
(and sorry for my rather adverse request title: 'select multiple')

a) We found the rather hidden "bulk change" feature ... which solved our initial request!!! Thanks => SOLVED

b) Dragn' Drop would be useful:

• in the "Service Desk" to move/add issues to other queues
  • in the "Backlog" view to move Sub-Tasks to different stories

c) Issues/tickets should only be created for specific mails ... obviously we first have to further check our current filters and mail-server settings. (Sorry!)

d) If customers (using e.g. ANY version of Outlook) reply to emails generated by the "Service Desk" the resulting HTML is completely unreadable in EVERY other mail-client/browser:

• It's not just that the format looks ugly or is difficult to read... after each line-break/paragraph there's an empty space so large/extended that it requires a lot of mouse-scrolling to just see/read the single next line!
  • This may very well be a faulty behaviour of e.g. Outlook, but on the other hand using HTML-code knowingly failing for the (unfortunately) de facto standard mail-client is not a wise choice (imho)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

b) Ok, you can't do either of those, I'd raise them (or find and vote for) over at https://jira.atlassian.com

c) Yes, I was thinking it might be better to do this on a mail-server side - JIRA's handlers would need coding and business rules and would still be a little inflexible.  With a mail rule, it might be easier on the mail server to set up something like "accept this for JIRA if it matches this rule, otherwise reply with some form of sorry this mail will be ignored" type thing.

d) I'm not seeing this issue with any of the SD mails I get (ok, maybe the ugly, but it's correctly formatted, and I just find all email ugly), although I rarely use Outlook. The html looks fine in mail, gmail and rainloop. Maybe a screenshot?

Suggest an answer