scripted field are not associated with jira screen ? why ?

Nishant Paraskar November 20, 2020

I am  trying to associated scripted field with  screens , but i am unable to  assoicate th scripted field with screen

If i tried to make custom field and then i try to associate the custom field  with screen then it is possible . But why it is not working i case of scripted field ?

please anyone give me solution?

Is i am doing right or wrong  .Please correct me 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Scripted fields are not fields you can edit because they are calculated.

Therefore they have no "edit" template that a create, edit or transition screen can use.  They don't need one because you can't edit the data in them.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2020

Hello @Nishant Paraskar

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you've created a scripted field using the app Scriptrunner as described in this documentation, however, you're not being able to display this specific field on your issue screens. Is that correct?

Can you please confirm what would be the function and type of the mentioned scripted field? Also, can you please provide us with a screenshot of the error/behavior when you try to add the field to your screens?

For now, you can check the following steps to ensure the field is visible and properly added to your project screens:

1. Navigate to your Project  > Project Settings > Screens > Ensure your field is listed in the Create and View/Edit Screens.
  2. Under Project settings > issue layout, ensure your field is properly added to the issue view context
  3. Under Project settings > Fields, click to edit your field configuration and check if the field is not hidden for your project:
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 18.26.38.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Nishant Paraskar December 14, 2020

After R&D i came to know , we can not show scripted field on transition screen while editing the issue or creating a  issue . 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events