same workflow with different transition screens for different project

jawedshaikh February 26, 2017

I want to associate two different project with same workflow and also with same transition but different transition screen.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2017

Hi Mohammad,

You can't associate different screens to a same transition, but you can include all the fields you need for both projects in the same screen, and then use different Field Configuration Schemes for each project. After that you can hide the fields you don't need in each project using the 2 different Field Configuration Schemes.

jawedshaikh February 27, 2017

Hi Fidel,

As I have associate field configuration schemes with issue type. This screen and field will display when i select the issue to which i have associate but my question is what about other screen we associate to other transition of workflow how can i association  field configuration scheme with that screen

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2017

Field Configuration Schemes are used to associate behaviors (basically require or hide field) to fields in certain issue types in certain projects. This schemes apply to all screens used by those issues: Create, View, Edit, and transition screens.

You can't apply the schemes to a subset of screens.

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2017

By default all the fields are shown and optional. You can use Field Configurations for implementing a different behavior into a set of fields (make them mandatory and/or hide them).

You use Field Configuration Schemes to associate Field Configurations with Project and Issue type.

You can't associate a Field Configuration to a certain screen. Field Configurations always apply to all the screens.

Suggest an answer