restore jira comment

Hi all,

I know I can recover a lot of things in JIRA.  I have a user that accidentally delete a comment.  Is that able to be restored?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

Is not possible. If the information in the deleted comment is really important to you, is possible to restore a backup in a test instance and copy the content of the comment to a new comment in the prod instance.

Cheers!
Teilor

2 votes
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team May 26, 2015

In additional to Teilor response,

JIRA by default performs a backup operation every 12 hours, so case if you need to restore JIRA in a test instance, you can use one of those files. 

Where does it store this information, or those backups?

Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team May 26, 2015

You can find your backup files here: <JIRA-HOME>/export/

Thank you! Excellent answers all.

2 votes

Hi Robert,

Additionally, if you'd not want to restore your instance in your production environment, you could restore that backup, which contains the comment, in a test environment, look for the comment in JIRA's database (you'll probably need to join jiraaction and jiraissue in order to find the comment). You can, then, see the content of that comment and ask yuor user to re-add it to your prod environment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,572 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you