reporter not being set on Issue Create

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

This might be a dumb question, but for some reason, I just notice recently that my reporter isnt being set on Issue Create. I am pretty sure this functionality works in 4.3.4. Does anyone know if I have to set something differently on 4.4.1 ? or I had been hallicinated before that it never should have work - and to that, is thre a way or a workaround to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2011

So my own problem was that i hide reporter field in field configuration, once I have unhide the field, it works like a charm

But before I figure that out, I was also playing with Jamie's Script Runner. You can d/l the plugin, install it, and create a groovy script as below and put it somewhere in the web-inf/class/<path>/xxx.groovy

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
JiraAuthenticationContext authenticationContext = componentManager.getJiraAuthenticationContext()
User currUser = authenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()

issue.setReporter(currUser)
issue.store()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events