remove customer from a project

Alexandre Plou de Melo December 26, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2016

Project>project settings>users and roles....select the user and click on the trash can.

cshafer June 19, 2017

I have customers listed on a project - but they are not listed under Project>project settings>users and roles.

Is there another way to delete customers from a project?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

do you see the "Show more" link? If so and you select it and it expands and you are saying the customer is not listed? Do you have admin rights? If you don't see the customer are they listed in the Users admin page under portal only?

Users_and_roles.jpg

0 votes
cshafer June 19, 2017

I have admin rights.

How did you get to the screen you're showing?  I can't find a page with the title " Servie Desk Customers" as your screen capture shows

The Customer page under the project is titled "Customers"                   and the page under Project>Project Settings>Users and Roles is titled "Users and Roles"

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2017

so let me start by saying I'm on cloud. with that said it should be the same:

Project, Project Settings, User and Roles. If you are not seeing this can you capture screen shots of what you are seeing under Project Settings?

cshafer June 19, 2017

I'm on cloud also, so should be the same.    let me know if you can see the screen well enough

project setting.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2017

ah...it appears that the project you are looking at is not a Service Desk project but rather a Software project. you should see something like below for your SD project.

U&R.jpg

cshafer June 20, 2017

Now I'm confused.  I see that my user and roles page looks like a software project - but my project is Service Desk ( I double and triple checked)  the list of projects below has the project in question circled. It was created as service desk and never changed to software.  Do you have any ideas what I did incorrectly?

project list.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2017

well that is interesting for sure. If you are sure that the earlier user&roles screenshot is from the Production Support project then I'm currently stumped.

If you start from the View All Projects screen, depicted in your most recent image, and select Production Support and continue to naviagate from there to U&R screen and are still seeing the same thing then I would suggest the following:

1. check several other SD projects
  2. open support ticket w/ Atlassian

I would be interesting to hear results on #1 and ultimately #2 if you go there. If you find that #1 results in the ability to see/update the customers then something is odd about the PS project. I find this to be a remote likelyhood though but for sure Atlassian would need to assist. If you find that all SD projects have the same behaviour then I would be interested in what Atlassian (or others have to say). I will ponder this all furthere and if I come up w/ other ideas I will post. Also, if possible, I would like to see an entire screenshot of U&R including the top banner.

cshafer June 20, 2017

Thank you for all your efforts to try to help!   I have checked the other Service Desk projects as you suggested - they all have the same U&R display ( Jira Software like). I'll open a ticket with Atlassian to see if they can assist.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2017

c, did you ever get anywhere on this issue?

Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

To give a bit more clarity on how the Customer's list is filled, the key is in Project Settings > Customer Permissions.

• If the customer permissions are set to allow "Anyone to create issues on the project" or "Customers who have an account on this JIRA site", customers will be automatically added to the list.
  • If the permission is set to "Customers who are added to the Project", only the users added manually (whether from the Users and Roles or form the Customers option itself) will appear in the Customers list.
Chris Hassler April 20, 2018

Does "Users and Roles" even exist in the new UI?

Does "Project settings" even exist in the new UI?

Does any of this post apply anymore?

Rene, you listed three options but only two exist in that location.

Is the Atlassian team maybe on a different version of the software?

Thank you

Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

My apologies, I should have clarified I was talking about Jira Server!

Chris Hassler April 20, 2018

No problem, thanks for the reply!

Is there potentially that same option for  "Customers who are added to the Project" in the cloud version?

I have a lot of customers appearing in the Customers list in a project, but I cannot remove them through the People section. 

Thanks

Suggest an answer