remove customer from a project

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 26, 2016

Project>project settings>users and roles....select the user and click on the trash can.

I have customers listed on a project - but they are not listed under Project>project settings>users and roles.

Is there another way to delete customers from a project?

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jun 19, 2017

do you see the "Show more" link? If so and you select it and it expands and you are saying the customer is not listed? Do you have admin rights? If you don't see the customer are they listed in the Users admin page under portal only?

Users_and_roles.jpg

I have admin rights.

How did you get to the screen you're showing?  I can't find a page with the title " Servie Desk Customers" as your screen capture shows

The Customer page under the project is titled "Customers"                   and the page under Project>Project Settings>Users and Roles is titled "Users and Roles"

so let me start by saying I'm on cloud. with that said it should be the same:

Project, Project Settings, User and Roles. If you are not seeing this can you capture screen shots of what you are seeing under Project Settings?

I'm on cloud also, so should be the same.    let me know if you can see the screen well enough

project setting.PNG

ah...it appears that the project you are looking at is not a Service Desk project but rather a Software project. you should see something like below for your SD project.

U&R.jpg

Now I'm confused.  I see that my user and roles page looks like a software project - but my project is Service Desk ( I double and triple checked)  the list of projects below has the project in question circled. It was created as service desk and never changed to software.  Do you have any ideas what I did incorrectly?

project list.PNG

well that is interesting for sure. If you are sure that the earlier user&roles screenshot is from the Production Support project then I'm currently stumped.

If you start from the View All Projects screen, depicted in your most recent image, and select Production Support and continue to naviagate from there to U&R screen and are still seeing the same thing then I would suggest the following:

1. check several other SD projects
  2. open support ticket w/ Atlassian

I would be interesting to hear results on #1 and ultimately #2 if you go there. If you find that #1 results in the ability to see/update the customers then something is odd about the PS project. I find this to be a remote likelyhood though but for sure Atlassian would need to assist. If you find that all SD projects have the same behaviour then I would be interested in what Atlassian (or others have to say). I will ponder this all furthere and if I come up w/ other ideas I will post. Also, if possible, I would like to see an entire screenshot of U&R including the top banner.

Thank you for all your efforts to try to help!   I have checked the other Service Desk projects as you suggested - they all have the same U&R display ( Jira Software like). I'll open a ticket with Atlassian to see if they can assist.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jun 22, 2017

c, did you ever get anywhere on this issue?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,965 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot